Nancy Wickham House
The wooden frame house was originally built in Granada, Colorado, in 1873 which at that time was the end of the Santa Fe Railroad. It was used as a boarding house for railroad workers and was moved to La Junta by flatcar when the railroad came here in 1876. Mrs. Nancy Wickham continued to feed railroad workers in this house until 1886 when Fred Harvey service came to La Junta. It was located north of the railroad, near the river, and was the first house of wood in La Junta. Most buildings were either tents or adobe at the time.