John Fisher Hose Company Building
This building was constructed to honor the John Fisher Hose Company volunteer firemen of La Junta. The hose company was chartered in 1882 and is the oldest volunteer fire company in Colorado. The large iron doors on the entry to the building came from the old Otero County jail on Second and Smithland. The building now houses on 1927 American LaFrance fire engine, one 1952 FWD (four wheel drive) pumper, and two hand pulled horse carts. One of those carts was used by the Santa Fe Railway Company volunteer firemen. It was used at the train station c. 1890. The other hand pulled cart was used in the city of La Junta.